Joie (“we” or “us”) is committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and that we meet our responsibilities under data protection and privacy law. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use this website https://joiebaby.com/en/.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please feel free to contact us at Info.firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect personal information about you from various sources in three primary ways:
- You Give Us Personal Information: We collect information from you when you submit it to us through our website, for example when you seek to register your products, sign up for newsletters or marketing offers, or contact us with a request or query.
- We Collect Personal Information Automatically: We automatically collect certain types of information when you visit our website or purchase our products. For example, we automatically collect internet or other electronic network activity information when you use our website as otherwise described in this Notice.
- We Collect Personal Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, we may receive information from third parties who provide services for us through cookies and other technologies as otherwise discussed in this Notice.
What we collect
We collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal Identifiers, including your name, location, and contact information (including email address, telephone number and home address);
- Product information (where you choose to register your purchase of a product with us), including model number, model name, serial number, date of purchase and date of manufacture;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including the following:
- Date and time;
- Operating system of device in use;
- Geolocation Data; and
- Inferences such as your preferences and interests for use in creating a consumer profile.
In addition to the above-mentioned data, when you use our website, cookies and so called HTML5 storage objects may be placed on your computer’s hard drive to the extent that you provide your consent to such cookies via the cookie-banner, which is displayed when visiting our website. Cookies and storage objects are small files that provide certain information to us and certain third parties. They serve the purpose of making our website services function, and making them more user friendly, more effective, tailored to your needs, and help us analyse website usage.
For further information on cookies used by our website, please refer to our Cookie Notice.
We use personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- In order to register your product where you request us to do so, so that we can provide you with the latest information on your specific product;
- To assess and respond to any requests that you make by contacting us directly (e.g. via email or the request form on the website);
- To investigate and enforce or defend legal claims (including debt collection, defence in the event of legal disputes or alleged violations of law or agreements);
- To the extent necessary to comply with legislation and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to our website;
- To create and conduct analysis on statistics to improve the quality and safety of our products;
- To send our newsletters, personalized offers and advertising, and to request your feedback on the products and services you have purchased from us or our distribution partners;
- To personalise your use of the website, and support processes relating to your use of the website;
- For maintenance and analytical purposes, so that we can optimize our experience and offers for you;
- Internally, for record keeping purposes such as maintaining or servicing customer accounts;
- Short term, transient uses such as behavioural advertising;
- To verify your information to protect against and prosecute those responsible for malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- To address impairments to the operational functionality, and detecting security incidents on our systems;
- Internally, for research related to technical development;
- To engage in a sale of all or part of our business, or if we were to go through a reorganization or merger.
We will only use personal information when the law allows us to (i.e., where we have a ‘lawful basis’). Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party such as a local distribution partner) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, we have a legitimate interest in providing our services and furthering the development of our business;
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; or
- Where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation on us (for example, reporting to regulatory agencies and authorities).
In some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose. In particular, we may obtain your consent before we send you any email marketing, including newsletters, personalised offers and advertisements which we think might interest you.
You may unsubscribe from our email communications by following the instructions in any email that we send you, or you can withdraw your consent and request us to remove your personal information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Your personal information is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected. The criteria we use to determine the retention period of personal information are: (i) the respective statutory retention period; (ii) our contractual and/or business relationships with you; (iii) (potential) disputes; and (iv) any guidelines issued by relevant regulators. For example, due to commercial and tax regulations, we are obliged to save your address, payment data as far as processed by us, and data related to your order for a certain period of time.
However, we may continue to store your data after the appropriate retention periods expire if necessary for the fulfilment of a contract, the initiation of a contract or to protect or defend our position or that of a third party.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. If you have any questions about our retention periods, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request erasure of your personal information at any time by contacting us as indicated below in the Your Privacy Rights section below.
Based on the purposes detailed in the above section “Why We Collect Personal Information,” your information may be passed on to the following categories of recipients:
- Joie-affiliated companies and distribution partners, depending on your location;
- service providers, e.g. for the provision and hosting of the website;
- potential purchasers as part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- our professional advisors, lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government authority programmes, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties;
- with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We process your personal data for this purpose only with your consent.
Under legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to ask us to port personal information about you that you have provided to us to you or to a third party;
- To not be subject to any automated decision making, including profiling (automatic decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects) which produces legal effects on you or affects you with similar significance;
- To object to our processing of your personal information, in certain circumstances; and/or
- Where we previously obtained your consent to process your personal information, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise your rights, please email email@example.com.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are up to date with our privacy practices.
If we make any material changes to this Notice, we will use reasonable efforts to contact you.
This Notice was last updated on 15/02/2023.